Friday, April 23, 2010

0 Freelance Friday: Recipe Wish List

When we first got back from our six months abroad we were eager to get our fill of the old familiar staples we'd missed so dearly. Spaghetti and meatballs. Macaroni and cheese. Burritos. But now that we've readjusted (and gained a few pounds) I find myself longing for some of the yummy treats we subsisted on during our trip. We've managed to recreate bacon popcorn and empanadas pretty well, I make a pretty mean crepe, and I'm looking forward to wowing some guests with our spring roll recipe from Vietnam, but there are lots of recipes I'd like to add to my collection.
Surfing the internet and my new favorite site, Foodgawker, can be pretty overwhelming. Too many options! And how do two different recipes for the same thing call for entirely different proportions of eggs and flour? Below is my current recipe wish list:
  • Alfajores, the yummy little sandwich cookies from Argentina. No, not oreos or macarons.
  • Baguette, a really good and crusty one.
  • Garlic naan
  • Palak paneer
  • Falafel
  • Red curry, "Thai style"
  • Pho
  • Focaccia
 Please let me know if you have a tried and true favorite to recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails