Friday, March 19, 2010

0 Freelance Friday: Happy Obscura Day!

I have mixed feelings about the "stay-cation". Sure, staying home is a great way to save money on your vacation days. And I love the idea of discovering new things in your very own backyard! But on the other hand, what would motivate me to really get my sightseeing pants on when I'm waking up in my comfy bed in my own apartment with my stocked fridge? There is a danger it would turn into a "Real Housewives marathon-cation".

That's why I love the concept of International Obscura Day! A celebration of oddities is pretty fun in itself--but add to it that the organizers have highlighted weird stuff in everyone's backyard plus some one-time events, and you've got a recipe for a good stay-cation tomorrow. Chicagoans can go tour the world's largest 24-karat gold-plated object in North America and Baltimorians can join in a scavenger hunt at the American Visionary Art Museum. There is a museum near Kansas City displaying over 2,000 pieces of jewelry made from human hair. And for those of you for whom "home" is somewhere exotic to me, there are almost 100 events being held in different cities around the world tomorrow!

So go out, enjoy the weird, and then go home to your comfy bed at night. LuAnn's un-countess-ness is fueling some legendary Housewives catfights this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails